Rwanda Military Hospital successfully conducts Ebola simulation exercise
Kigali, 25 October 2018
Rwanda Defence Force (RDF) through Rwanda Military Hospital in Kanombe, on Thursday successfully conducted a drill dubbed KUMIRA EBOLA SIMULATION EXERCISE that was designed to test the RDF medical service personnel on the readiness and general conduct during a probable Ebola outbreak in Rwanda.
The Minister of Health, Dr Diane Gashumba and the RDF Chief of Defence Staff, Gen Patrick Nyamvumba were among the dignitaries that witnessed the progress of the exercise.
Dr Zuberi Muvunyi, the Director General of Clinical and Public Health Services in the Ministry of Health said that the exercise showcased the ability of RDF, its Rwanda Military Hospital and medical regiment to contain the outbreak. "So far, the level of readiness for the military medics to contain the Ebola outbreak is at the high level as per their equipment and preparedness in every aspect to appropriately intervene and effectively contain the disease. Other medical facilities in the country should also learn from this," said Dr Muvunyi.
The Ministry of Health has assured the general public that Rwanda is on red alert to tackle Ebola from spreading in the country, after a number of cases were reported in the neighbouring country of the Democratic Republic of Congo where the World Health Organisation confirmed an Ebola outbreak in different parts since May 2018.
The Rwanda Defence Force spokesperson Lt Col Innocent Munyengango said that the exercise proved RDF's readiness to contain the outbreak, adding that "'We will continue training and improving our skills for such cases as this one or any other epidemic as part of our role to provide security and humanitarian assistance to Rwandans."
Rwanda currently has no suspected or confirmed case of Ebola.
More News
Rwanda Military Hospital to launch first regional oncology facility
Kigali, 28 December 2018
Rwanda Defence Force through Rwanda Military Hospital is set to launch a new cancer centre by January 2019 offering…
END OF THE YEAR MESSAGE BY H.E THE PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF RWANDA DEFENCE FORCE; TO RWANDA DEFENCE AND SECURITY FORCES
25 December 2018
On behalf of the Government of Rwanda, my family and my own behalf, I want to take this moment to wish all officers, men and women…
RDF Special Operations Force gets new trained personnel
Nasho, 21 December 2018
Rwanda Defence Forces (RDF) Special Operations Force got today new personnel after they had undergone eleven months of…
Fifty Rwanda Air Force personnel graduate from the Ethiopian Air Force Academy
Addis Ababa, 20 December 2018

The RDF Air Force Chief of Staff, Maj Gen Charles KARAMBA attended today in Ethiopia a graduation of fifty (50)…
PRESS RELEASE: Update on Kitabi/Nyamagabe incident
Kigali, 17 December 2018
Following Saturday's attack in Kitabi Sector, the RDF has pursued the assailants and killed three while the rest fled in…
PRESS RELEASE
Kigali, 15 December 2018
Today at 1815 hrs in Kitabi Sector of Nyamagabe District in Southern Rwanda, unidentified attackers set fire to three…
RDF Peacekeepers in CAR and South Sudan honored with UN Medals
Bangui/Juba 14 December 2018

Rwanda Defence Force (RDF) peacekeepers serving under both serving under United Nation Mission in South Sudan…
President Kagame concludes the annual Combined Arms Field Training Exercise
Gabiro, 11 December 2018
The President of the Republic of Rwanda and Commander-in-Chief of Rwanda Defence Force, HE Paul Kagame was the Guest of…
RDF Chief of Defence Staff visits Egyptian Armed Forces
Kigali, 7 December 2018

The Chief of Defence Staff of the Rwanda Defence Force (RDF), Gen Patrick Nyamvumba conducted a working visit to Egypt…
RDF takes on water well drilling as part of capacity building
Muhanga, 01 December 2018
Through the ongoing RDF professional capacity development, the RDF Engineering Brigade acquired capacity to drill and…