- Major General Frank Mushyo KAMANZI
- Chief of Staff - Army
Maj Gen Frank Mushyo KAMANZI bears the title of Army Chief of Staff.
The Army Chief of Staff is responsible to the Chief of Defence Staff in all matters concerning Command, Control and Management of the Army Services.
He was born on 31 March 1964.
He attended Makerere University, Kampala(Uganda) where he received Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Bsc. Agric); he has Master of Science in National Security Strategy from the National Defence University, Washington DC. (USA) and holds an International Fellows Program Diploma from the National Defence University, Washington DC, (USA).
Maj Gen Frank Mushyo KAMANZI was commissioned in 1989.
He has held various military appointments with the following as his main career highlights:
• 1993, Liaison Officer to the Organization of African Unity (OAU) Neutral Military Observer Group (NMOG), Arusha Peace Process for Rwanda.
• 1994-1995, Rwanda Patriotic Army Chief Liaison Officer to the United Nations Assistance Mission to Rwanda (UNAMIR).
• 1999-2000, Member of the Joint Military Commission (JMC), Lusaka Peace Process for the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
• 2005, Advisor to H.E the President of the Republic of Rwanda, on Security and Defence.
• 2006-2007, Deputy Force Commander/Chief Military Observer-African Union Mission in Sudan (AMIS).
• 2007-2009, Brigade Commander, 305 Infantry Brigade.
• 2009-2010, Commandant - Rwanda Military Academy,
Nyakinama/ Ag Director Rwanda Peace Academy.
• 2010-2012, Commandant - Rwanda Military Academy - Gako.
• 2012 - Present: Army Chief of Staff (RDF).
Maj Gen Frank Mushyo KAMANZI undertook professional trainings:
• 1996, Joint Tactics Command Course, Army Command College of China Peoples’ Liberation Army (CPLA), Nanjing (China).
• 2003, Command and Staff College Course, Armed Forces Command and Staff College (Nigeria).
• 2005, War College, National Defence University, Washington DC (USA).
Maj Gen Frank Mushyo KAMANZI is a recipient of the National Liberation Medal, Campaign against Genocide Medal, Foreign Campaign Medal as well as Command Service, Combat Action and Community Service Ribbons among others.